Guardian Giveaways Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. YOUR TWITTER PROFILE MUST BE PUBLIC TO ENTER.
PLEASE NOTE FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY: A SKILL-TESTING QUESTION WILL BE REQUIRED TO WIN.
- ELIGIBILITY: Guardian Giveaways Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, European Union (including the United Kingdom), Canada (excluding Quebec), who are age 18 or older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Quebec, and wherever else prohibited by law. Employees of Bungie, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) of, and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIODS: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 AM PST on JANUARY 28, 2020 and ends at 8:59 AM PST on FEBRUARY 4, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Within the Sweepstakes Period, there are three (3) Daily Entry Periods (each, a “Daily Entry Period”) and one (1) corresponding Daily Random Drawing (each, a “Daily Drawing”) as defined in the “Daily Entry Periods & Daily Drawings Schedule” below. Entries must be received during a Daily Entry Period to be eligible for that Daily Entry Period’s drawing and prize. Entries for any given Daily Entry Period will not roll over to subsequent Daily Entry Periods and Daily Drawings. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER: Each day during the Sweepstakes Period, the Sponsor will post a Guardian Giveaways post (each, a “Sponsor Post”). Entrants must log in to their Twitter account, follow @BungieStore, locate the day’s Sponsor Post and retweet the Sponsor Post to their public Twitter account, including the hashtag #GuardianGiveaways to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (the “Twitter Entry”). By using the hashtag, participant indicates his/her agreement to these Official Rules. Entrant’s Twitter settings must be public. Entries posted from “private” Twitter accounts will not be eligible. Entrants must follow and continue to follow @BungieStore through at least FEBRUARY 5, 2020 in order to be notified in the event he/she is a potential winner. By submitting a Twitter Entry, entrants agree to Twitter’s Terms of Service. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
IMPORTANT: MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY TO THE USE OF MOBILE PHONE/DEVICES TO PARTICIPATE IN SWEEPSTAKES. TWITTER IS FREELY AVAILABLE AS A WEBSITE, BY APPLICATION DOWNLOAD FOR iPHONE FROM THE APPLE APPLICATION STORE AND BY APPLICATION DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID FROM THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE.
Limit: One (1) Entry per person per Daily Entry Period regardless of the method of entry. All methods of entry have an equal chance of winning. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”)/ODDS:
DAILY PRIZES: There is one (1) Daily Prize available to be won, as indicated in the chart below. Entries must be received during a Daily Entry Period to be eligible for that Daily Entry Period’s Daily Prize. The odds of winning the Daily Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received per Daily Entry Period.
The total ARV of all prizes available to be won: $502.97
The ARV of electronics prizes are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded. The difference of any such fluctuation will not be awarded to the winner.
- RANDOM DRAWINGS: Random Drawings will be conducted by the Sponsor whose decisions are final. DAILY PRIZE DRAWING: The potential Daily Prize winner(s) will be selected in a series of random drawings from among all eligible entries received within the corresponding Daily Entry Period on or about the corresponding Daily Drawing Date indicated in the Daily Entry Period & Daily Drawings Schedule in the “Sweepstakes Entry Periods” section of these Official Rules. Potential Daily Prize winners will be notified by Sponsor via direct message and/or comment to his/her public Twitter account (the “Initial Notification”) on or before FEBRUARY 5, 2020. To begin the prize claim process, a potential winner must respond as instructed to the Initial Notification with his/her full name, Twitter ID, country of residence and email address within three (3) days of the Initial Notification. Any potential prize winner who does not reply to the Initial Notification with the required information and within the specified time period will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be notified. Within three (3) days of confirmation of the information received from a potential winner in response to Initial Notification, such potential winner will receive a second notification (the “Second Notification”) via email from the Sponsor and will be required to confirm his/her full mailing address (no P.O. Boxes accepted) and date of birth within five (5) days of the Second Notification. If the potential winner does not reply to the Initial Notification and the Second Notification with the required information and within the specified time period, he/she will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected in a separate random drawing. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s mailing address within 45 days of (a) the winner being verified pursuant to this Section 5, and (b) if applicable, potential winner answering a skill-testing question pursuant to Section 5.1.
5.1 CANADIAN PARTICIPANTS ONLY: If a potential winner is a Canadian resident or a potential winner’s mailing address is in Canada, such potential winner will be required to answer, without mechanical, electronic or other aid, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question that will be administered by the Sponsor in a manner of its reasonable choosing. If such potential winner fails to answer the question correctly, the potential winner will be disqualified as if the prize were undeliverable under Section 6.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: If a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these rules that winner will be disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing. Only two (2) alternate winners may be determined through this process, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes are not assignable nor transferable. No substitution is permitted except if prize is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. No cash in lieu of prizes and no exchange or substitution of prizes, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Delivery of the prizes will be paid for by Sponsor. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the winner’s sole responsibility, including any customs charges. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, local and income taxes associated with winning prize. For US entrants, prize winners may be required to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of preparation of tax forms as required by law. Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video tape, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners acknowledge that the Sponsor and all other businesses affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered, except that each merchandise prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any).
- GENERAL: Although subsequent attempts to enter on a given day may be received, only the first complete entry received from a particular entrant will be eligible; subsequent attempts by the same person to enter, including entries submitted with an alternate Twitter account, will be disqualified. Participating entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and release the Sponsor, Twitter and their affiliated companies, and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each (the “Released Parties”), from all claims and liability relating to their participation in the Sweepstakes, and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prize offered. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use/misuse or redemption of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Twitter account from which the entry is submitted. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person to whom the Twitter account is registered. Any entrant or potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to Sponsor’s satisfaction. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged or illegible entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any Sweepstakes it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) withdraw a method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Sweepstakes). If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, at which time, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received at the time of the Sweepstakes termination.
- LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
For US entrants: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Washington without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Washington. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
For EU and United Kingdom entrants: These Official Rules shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. This does not exclude any mandatorily applicable rules or remedies which would be available to entrant in a legal claim brought under the law of your EU Member State of residence.
For Canadian entrants: These Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law rules that would cause the application of any other jurisdictions’ laws, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the province of Ontario for the resolution of all disputes. The entrants’ remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall entrants be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including legal fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
- OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: To request a copy of the Official Rules, see https://eu.bungiestore.com/pages/guardian-giveaways-sweepstakes or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by FEBRUARY 4, 2020, to: Guardian Giveaways Sweepstakes 2020 Winner Confirmation Request, 550 106th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004.
- WINNER CONFIRMATION REQUEST: For a written confirmation of the winners (available after FEBRUARY 5, 2020), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (no later than APRIL 5, 2020), to: Guardian Giveaways Sweepstakes 2020 Winner Confirmation Request, 550 106th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004. We may make winners’ surnames and country of residence available to the public or those who request it in order to indicate a valid award took place.
- SPONSOR: Bungie, Inc., 550 106th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004